- On Islam: "...your religion is fucking retarded...ungrateful beligerent foreign savages...These are people who love watching beheading videos on the internet...A sick, sick religion. Basically Scientology with bombs. Pathetic whiny losers."
- On Muslim and Pakistani immigrants: "Muslims...most of them can't even read...What we really need to do is stop immigration from Pakistan and other crazy Muslim countries filled with illiterate, violent tribal peasants..."
- On Muslim children: they are “parasites.”
- On a group of Muslim students who object to some statements by Mark Steyn: they are “motherfucking parasites.”
- On Muslims: "Muslims always have to be on top, in reverse proportion to their ability to do anything with competence or creativity."
- On Indians: they are “parasites” who “extorted tax dollars [for] booze, smokes and junk food. Not to mention free everything else, including university educations they don't bother getting.”
- On blacks: “…there is nothing ‘compelling’ about a black man impregnating a white woman. In more than one Toronto neighbourhood, that's what they call Saturday night.”
- On the only people who can get excited about Barack Obama: “black, stupid or both.”
- On Jamaicans: “Just think of how much Jamaican immigrants contribute to our culture and economy: monotonous, illiterate music that all sounds the same, filthy hairstyles, those little tricoloured Rasta doohickies.”
- On the blacks of New Orleans: they are “pathetic losers” who cannot have their IQs raised “a single point.”
- On the poor: they are poor because they are “too lazy and stupid to a) finish high school and/or b) keep their pants on.…I don’t care about the poor. They’re no more real than Bigfoot.”
- On AIDS: “From the beginning, AIDS activism has been more about mainstreaming the gay "lifestyle" than saving lives.”
- On Sikhs: "Backward foreigners [who] shit on hand that feeds them...Unable to invent their own iconic product due to too much time spent worshipping monkeys and cows, setting women on fire and obsessing over imperceptible differences in each other's skin colour..."
- On blind people: "Giving blind people real jobs...is not working out."
- On Chinese: "[They are] spitting and shooting snot on the sidewalk...throwing broken crates of rotten bock choy all over Spadina Avenue [and] eating dubious, illegal foodstuffs" [and cause SARS.]
Ack! Sorry. We shouldn't have pointed that at our readers. Very insensitive of us and we should apologize.
Anyways, why are we talking about this particular vile example of the human species (though looking at the picture, she looks more like an angry turtle than a person)? Because a publicly funded TV Ontario has decided to give her a platform this evening for her to present her views.
Other progresive blogs have already commented on this so we're coming to the story very late, but we would still like to do our part. We would urge our readers to contact TVO and voice your concerns about allowing this woman a platform for hatred using taxpayer dollars. TVO has already issued a statement in response to the criticism stating that she's going to remain as a guest so perhaps that point is now moot, so I'll quote Warren Kinsella:
BCL has just heard from the show's producer that they're bringing her on, notwithstanding the expressions of anger and protest. Those interested in further protest can contact TVO here, and state - as I will - that future campaigns for public funding, in any context, will be vigorously opposed.
In other words, don't give them a nickel. "Free speech" isn't interchangable with "suspending one's critical faculties." Except at TVO, apparently.